• Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 253
  • Honor Medal 2010

WWWoody wrote:

grahamg wrote:

WWWoody wrote:

grahamg wrote:

WWWoody wrote:
Well I’m rooting for Joe in the second half of his term, for selfish reasons. I’d like to retire instead holding a sign on the street corner with a collection jar, “Repent If You Voted For Joe!”

Its nor nice you know running down a fellow countryman all the time, even your worst critics should take a break sometime, "Gimme a break"!, (remember that phrase being used in those oh so informative presidential election show between your hero and dear president Biden?!).

I’m assuming you’re referring to Donald Trump as my hero which is clearly dishonest on your part, he couldn’t carry the shoes of people I look up to. As far as criticizing Joe, he works for me so that’s well within my rights as an American. Tough if you are offended. Nothing personal of course. Lol.

Thanks for your kind response, and I'll try to respond in kind, (for example id accept I should have described former president Trump as a hero to others supporting him on this and other similar threads on this website, and not declared him to be your hero!).

However, so far as constantly criticising your current president, regardless of whether he ever does anything you might half way approve of (should he have been doing whatever it might be on behalf of a political party more to your liking), you say you're entitled to feed constant criticism into every debate at every opportunity, well I'd have to slightly disagree with you there because you're simply feeding "partisan politics" that is well out of control in both our countries already!

Now this may sound like an aside or reflection from this thread, but I've been listening to a debate in our UK House of Lords, and the debate was on "Standards in Public Life", and one contributor to the debate is called Lord Saltaire, speaking on behalf of one of our smaller political parties, and he spoke very well, and very critically about our current prime ministers actions, and in many ways the actions of our current government, and the way they appear to wish to pander to "populism and use populist political tactics", and in doing so democracies become undermined.

I'd argue a population unable or unwilling to see the world in anything other than a partisan fashion, will of itself undermine democracies, and anything any of us do might further this deterioration in our politics, (a good example of the negative aspects of populism is that in this country you'd probably find a hundred people ready to condemn our House of Lords).

Almost none of them will ever choose to listen to a single debate held there, and will never think it necessary to do so, whilst vehemently condemning everything that goes on not only in our House of Lords, but all our democratically elected politicians (and everything else crucial in maintaining our democracy).

GrahamG is the real deal. Now we’re pals again. Lol.

Very kind of you to say so, and I'm sure we all look forward to the day you say, unabashed, and unadulterated, something half way positive has been done by the man prepared to step up and lead your great country, (when plenty of lesser mortals like myself, would have thought twice, and been daunted by the challenge!)! smile.png
The following user(s) said Well Said: WWWoody, Robin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by grahamg.

Biden really twisted - Approval Ratings 3 days 8 hours ago #3816043

• WWWoody
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 895
  • Honor Medal 2010

grahamg wrote:

WWWoody wrote:

grahamg wrote:

WWWoody wrote:

grahamg wrote:

WWWoody wrote:
Well I’m rooting for Joe in the second half of his term, for selfish reasons. I’d like to retire instead holding a sign on the street corner with a collection jar, “Repent If You Voted For Joe!”

Its nor nice you know running down a fellow countryman all the time, even your worst critics should take a break sometime, "Gimme a break"!, (remember that phrase being used in those oh so informative presidential election show between your hero and dear president Biden?!).

I’m assuming you’re referring to Donald Trump as my hero which is clearly dishonest on your part, he couldn’t carry the shoes of people I look up to. As far as criticizing Joe, he works for me so that’s well within my rights as an American. Tough if you are offended. Nothing personal of course. Lol.

Thanks for your kind response, and I'll try to respond in kind, (for example id accept I should have described former president Trump as a hero to others supporting him on this and other similar threads on this website, and not declared him to be your hero!).

However, so far as constantly criticising your current president, regardless of whether he ever does anything you might half way approve of (should he have been doing whatever it might be on behalf of a political party more to your liking), you say you're entitled to feed constant criticism into every debate at every opportunity, well I'd have to slightly disagree with you there because you're simply feeding "partisan politics" that is well out of control in both our countries already!

Now this may sound like an aside or reflection from this thread, but I've been listening to a debate in our UK House of Lords, and the debate was on "Standards in Public Life", and one contributor to the debate is called Lord Saltaire, speaking on behalf of one of our smaller political parties, and he spoke very well, and very critically about our current prime ministers actions, and in many ways the actions of our current government, and the way they appear to wish to pander to "populism and use populist political tactics", and in doing so democracies become undermined.

I'd argue a population unable or unwilling to see the world in anything other than a partisan fashion, will of itself undermine democracies, and anything any of us do might further this deterioration in our politics, (a good example of the negative aspects of populism is that in this country you'd probably find a hundred people ready to condemn our House of Lords).

Almost none of them will ever choose to listen to a single debate held there, and will never think it necessary to do so, whilst vehemently condemning everything that goes on not only in our House of Lords, but all our democratically elected politicians (and everything else crucial in maintaining our democracy).

Very kind of you to say so, and I'm sure we all look forward to the day you say, unabashed, and unadulterated, something half way positive has been done by the man prepared to step up and lead your great country, (when plenty of lesser mortals like myself, would have thought twice, and been daunted by the challenge!)! smile.png

His dentures are pearly white.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Jane R

Biden really twisted - Approval Ratings 3 days 7 hours ago #3816048

• grahamg
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

WWWoody wrote:

grahamg wrote:

WWWoody wrote:

grahamg wrote:

WWWoody wrote:

grahamg wrote:

WWWoody wrote:

His dentures are pearly white.

I suppose I'll have to accept president Biden getting his teeth whitened is perhaps the most I can expect of you in the "praising something your president has done" challenge I set you, (but it could fairly be argued this teeth whitening decision etc., took place before your great new president took up office, so you failed the "unadulterated" test to that extent,...,however I'll try to be generous and put this objection to one side, whilst acknowledging you must have had to make even this feeble enough positive comment through your own very white and gritted teeth!). :dry: :lol: :ohmy:

Last edit: by grahamg.

Biden really twisted - Approval Ratings 3 days 6 hours ago #3816055

• Serena77
  • Serena77's Avatar Topic Author
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 7088
  • Honor Medal 2010
Biden's white dentures? A sound bite in the right direction..Sounds brilliant but...

It may take more than that to fix the crisis facing this country. Not to mention his approval ratings :dry: wink.png
The following user(s) said Well Said: Robin

"money buys everything,
but ............common sense."
Last edit: by Serena77.

Biden really twisted - Approval Ratings 3 days 5 hours ago #3816086

• grahamg
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Serena77 wrote:
Biden's white dentures? A sound bite in the right direction..Sounds brilliant but...

It may take more than that to fix the crisis facing this country. Not to mention his approval ratings :dry: wink.png

Ahhh, there we are then, (another one failing to utter a positive word for your great president Biden, and sticking with partisan politics till the end of all meaningful political debate I'd argue!)! :dry: :unsure: :ohmy:

Biden really twisted - Approval Ratings 2 days 22 hours ago #3816173

• Dennis 2
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 617
  • Honor Medal 2010
Add me also to your list G I remember well how it was prior to him and darn sure did not give him my vote, nor would also I have no personal friends that did so I know of. no positive words uttered here at all. President Trump was never mentioned in my post either other than here.

Schöne Dinge passieren in Ihrem Leben, wenn Sie sich distanzieren und negative Dinge und Menschen entfernen.

Biden really twisted - Approval Ratings 2 days 21 hours ago #3816175

• WWWoody
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 895
  • Honor Medal 2010
I like a good comeback story so I’ll wait and see how Joe does in the second half of his term and I’ll report back fairly. I don’t feel like he’s the Anti-Christ so there’s that, that’s positive. Lol.

Last edit: by WWWoody.

Biden really twisted - Approval Ratings 2 days 21 hours ago #3816176

• Dennis 2
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 617
  • Honor Medal 2010

Dennis 2 wrote: Add me also to your list G I remember well how it was prior to him and darn sure did not give him my vote, nor would also I have no personal friends that did so I know of. no positive words uttered here at all. President Trump was never mentioned in my post either other than here.

Schöne Dinge passieren in Ihrem Leben, wenn Sie sich distanzieren und negative Dinge und Menschen entfernen.

Biden really twisted - Approval Ratings 2 days 20 hours ago #3816192

• Robin
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 512
  • Honor Medal 2010

Vegemite Kid wrote:

Biden limited public rallies, and when he did appear at campaign events, supporters listened from their cars, honking their applause.

The Democratic National Convention, held August 17 to 20, was unlike any other.

A mostly virtual event, it was structured to appeal to voters watching on television at home.

yes, very sensible in the midst of a pandemic - as was working from inside (doesnt matter if it was in a basement or the top floor)
Modern technology has allowed campaigns to directly reach millions without physical presence.

And conveniently, cut out the rest of the conversation that was being answered, again.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Dennis 2

Robin

Biden really twisted - Approval Ratings 2 days 20 hours ago #3816195

• Robin
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 512
  • Honor Medal 2010
These will not help his ratings:

Handing out more money for college loan forgiveness.

And showing he real does have handlers (imo), note cue card.
businessinsider.com/biden-flashes-extrem...ns-at-meeting-2022-6

Robin
Moderators: mikeMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds